As we understand and appreciate that you may be concerned about your privacy and in particular the use and disclosure of your personal information our policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and how it may be disclosed as well as the steps we take to secure the information once collected.
Collection of personal information
The personal information that we may collect from you includes but is not limited to your full name, email address, residential or other addresses, telephone number, gender, date of birth, your profession or occupation, billing information as well as information about products or services that we believe might interest you. This may be collected at our open for inspections, your access of our Website, by email, telephone or through your engagement of us to provide you with services as well as any other conversations you may have with our representatives.
We may also be able to obtain information about you via social media websites depending on your privacy settings, as well as from third parties such as credit reporting agencies, publicly available sources of information or any other collection of or incidental or directly or indirectly related to the services we are able to provide to you.
Use of personal information
The information we collect is used to enable us to provide you with the services that you have requested or otherwise to enable us to carry out our functions as professional real estate agents including:
- Supplying you with our products and services;
- Responding to your enquiries and feedback;
- Enforcing the terms and conditions of our engagement with you;
- Ensuring compliance with our statutory obligations;
- Conducting appropriate credit checks;
- Email marketing, including promotional and educative activities.
We may also share your personal information in the certain circumstances. These may include but are not limited to the following:
- With our partners, employees, related bodies corporate, contractors and service providers, web hosting providers, IT system administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators;
- With our marketing partners, consultants, retailers;
- With third parties to provide you a service you have requested;
- With other real estate agents or third parties if required by a landlord or landlord’s financier or legal representative, for the purpose of appraising or valuing a property;
- With potential tenants, to trades people or to other persons to whom we outsource functions of or incidental to acting for a landlord;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such a blog comment, social media post or other features of our services that may be viewed by the general public; and
- With any other third party or organisation with your consent.
Security of personal information
Securing your personal information is our priority and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure this information is adequately protected. We do not and we will not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your personal information without your express consent, and we will take all reasonable steps to protect the information from being misused, disclosed or accessed or modified without authorisation our your consent.
Whilst we take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information we collect, we cannot provide any guarantee with respect to the security of your personal information and will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to data transmission over the internet or information stored on serves accessible through the internet.
We will not disclose your personal information in circumstances other than for the purposes for which we collect your personal information as listed within our Policy.
We may disclose information to third parties where any functions or services are being outsourced or you would reasonably expect us to do so for a particular purpose.
We will also disclose information where disclosure is necessary to prevent injury to life or health, to investigate any suspected unlawful activity or where it may be required to do so by law.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
All personal information collected and held by us may be accessed by you at any time by written request. Should any of the personal information held be inaccurate or out of date you have the right to request that it be corrected or updated accordingly.
If you believe that we have breached any of our obligations, please contact us by a written request to discuss the matter. Your complaint will be handled in strict confidence, and we will always endeavour to give you a fair opportunity to explain your case noting that it is always our preference to meet with you in person to discuss your concerns and try to find a satisfactory solution.
Our aim is to resolve the complaint as soon as possible and if we determine that your complaint is justified we will seek to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome.