The Top 5 Reasons Families Are Choosing To Move To Hervey Bay
Once known as a retirees playground, Hervey Bay is fast becoming the sea change many families from more populated areas of Australia are looking for.
With its beautiful beaches, a vibrant café and restaurant scene, shops, and fantastic education and junior sporting options, it is easy to understand why. Hervey Bay has seen a dramatic transformation over the past 10 years and is no longer a sleepy seaside town but one that has certainly arrived on the map for many reasons.
For families, these are the top 5 reasons why they choose to come to Hervey Bay to raise their family.
1. Natural beauty with ease of use of beaches and waterways.
Hervey Bay has kilometres of wonderful calm and clean beaches suitable for swimming, paddling, fishing or simply wandering along. With plenty of parking to be found on the Esplanade, the beach is easily accessible to everyone and where you will find locals during their down time.
2. Education and childcare options.
Hervey Bay is lucky to have many great education and child care options with both public and private primary schools scattered across town making it easy to find the right school for your children.
3. Junior sports.
With loads of sporting options, Hervey Bay recently opened its Sports and Recreation Precinct with stage one offering :
- Netball - eight standard netball courts with acrylic non-slip court surfacing to Netball Australia specification, exceeding 200 lux lighting, and a club house facility;
- Soccer - two premium playing surfaces and two standard playing surfaces, FIFA standard, field lighting of over 200 lux and club house facility; and,
- Oztag - allocation of three standard soccer fields which provides six standard Oztag fields.
3. Short commute around town and options of bus, train and airport for travel further afield.
4. NBN internet for those who want to work from home or work remotely.
5. Affordable housing.
If moving your family to Hervey Bay is something that you are keen to investigate, check out our properties for sale and if you don't see something that catches your eye, contact our office and share with us your requirements so we can let you know as soon as we list a property that may suit you.